Expanding into New Markets: How 3 Financial Services Firms Did It with Microsoft Dynamics 365
Posted July 11, 2017
Competing within the financial services arena typically includes new market expansion, whether that be through acquisition, organic growth, or tapping into global markets. Growth—no matter how it is achieved—is good, but it can also introduce some new challenges, both on internal and external levels. Solid, lasting growth takes strong leadership, the right people doing the right thing, and business intelligence.
Outdated, Inefficient Technology Stop Expansion in Its Tracks
If you have an existing software system that is not equipped to streamline your processes, connect you with your data, or deliver on key performance indicators (KPIs), then your plans could be quickly derailed. An established growth strategy for your firm requires a serious examination of your existing technology. Disconnected legacy systems isolate data, making it difficult or impossible to access and use. Your technology can make or break your ability to expand.
Successful Growth Starts with Data
A key to long-term growth is data. This is particularly true when it comes to financial services. Leaders require access to current and reliable data to be able to make strategic decisions necessary to drive growth and expansion. There are firms out there that are doing just that!
For instance, a private equity firm with over $70 billion invested in 760 companies throughout 40 countries had plans to expand into new markets. This firm was looking for a solution that could not only support multi-entity operations, but also streamline allocations in funds and entities and fully automate global consolidations. The firm replaced an existing on premise system with Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations. Here is what that firm gained:
- Access to data, anytime and anywhere, with minimized infrastructure
- Management of evolving fund structures and multiple entities that was simplified within a single database
- Process in real-time of transactions between funds
- Two-hour allocations of expenses (instead of 30 day summaries)
- Consolidation with one click and full history tracking
- Local compliance support across regional offices
Why Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Financial Services?
Microsoft Dynamics is a more powerful, integrated solution that is designed to support growth and expansion, regardless of the form it takes. By centralizing data across your organization, it simplifies your ability to access, enter, and analyze KPIs. With this new level of insight, you can identify opportunities as they arise and quickly respond to exceptions. You also get:
- Robust financial and cost management: Monitor your budgets, manage, expedite allocations and consolidations, and simplify financial reporting processes.
- Control and insight over operations: Strengthen your operations, identifying and correcting inefficient areas. Workflows offer consistency, eliminate those redundant processes, and ensure data integrity. Improved productivity lets your team handle business growth without the problem of getting overwhelmed utilizing manual processes.
- Improve sales and marketing activities: Quantify and improve your sales effectiveness, monitoring metrics that identify new opportunities, strengthening your customer relationships.
- Business intelligence: A single, integrated solution that delivers one, definitive version of your data. This provides you and other leaders confidence in your reports and the ability to know you have real-time information to make the strategic business changes and decisions that drive growth.
Position Your Firm for Healthy Expansion
Ensure that you are truly prepared to navigate the challenges that go hand in hand with expansion. To help you evaluate more up-to-date business solutions, download our guide, “Expanding into New Markets with Microsoft Dynamics: 3 Financial Services Success Stories.” You’ll learn how three global firms are expanding successfully by replacing antiquated systems with current and powerful technology.